Improving the well-being of all Arizonans cannot be the work of health care or public health professionals alone; instead we need practitioners from multiple sectors, working together with community members to improve the underlying conditions where people live. The Arizona Partnership for Healthy Communities and Vitalyst Health Foundation are partnering to support efforts that reflect this cross-sector approach in communities throughout Arizona.
Research has shown that perhaps the greatest predictor of differences in our health, well-being and longevity is our zip code. A zip code is so powerful because it captures all of the elements of a healthy community. Community design, quality affordable food, education, housing, transportation, environmental quality and access to care are just some of these components. For more information about these and more elements, please visit www.livewellaz.org. For a downloadable handout, please copy and paste this link into a new browser page: http://vitalysthealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/EOHC-Handout-Jan2018.pdf
The Live Well Arizona Incubator is looking for motivated teams that have identified a geographically-based health issue that lends itself to a multi-sector solution. Teams selected for the Incubator will be matched with a coach to guide them through the collaboration process and prepare the team to expand its work. There is no cost to teams to participate, but we ask for a serious commitment and active participation from each team.
The Live Well Arizona Incubator will provide a coach who will guide the team through a six to eight month process that will: expand and strengthen the team, cultivate community engagement, analyze and clarify the issue/challenge, establish shared goals and objectives, and develop an action plan. At the end of this process, the team will be in a position to take the next steps in addressing the community issue/opportunity.
Each team must be committed to:
• Working with the coach to identify and recruit key partners, including community members, and gain their commitment
• Meeting at least monthly with the team and coach
• Arranging the logistics for the meetings
• Working together through a collaborative process
• Documenting progress
• Participating in three in-person meetings to be held in the Phoenix area between September 2018 and May 2019
• The identified issue/opportunity is place-based rather than population-based.
• The identified issue/opportunity lends itself to a cross-sector response and solution.
• The identified issue/opportunity is a core element of a healthy community (see livewellaz.org for all 14 elements).
• The applicant has a team representing at least 2-3 sectors.
Applications are due August 1st , 2018 and must be submitted by 5:00 MST.
If your team is selected for the Live Well Arizona Incubator, you will be notified by August 17th, 2018.